+9

Custom Gender identity?

Anonymous 2 years ago updated by DeCrypte 1 year ago 52

I think it'd be a cool idea to customize the gender identity to transgender, nonbinary, agender, or cisgender. Adds a little more fun for the queer players haha..

+5

considering the character is a blank slate that "you the player" customizes and controls, this seems rather redundant.
Aside from pronouns used to identify the player's character, I can't see the point of having this.

Mechanically, it changes nothing that isn't already present in the game.



+5

It adds to immersion of the player, and can potentially add an extra layer of complexity to subjects' gender preferences and their response to the player character's actions.

I see no reasons why it shouldn't be implemented, so you have my thumbs up.

-2

Here, let me help.

reasons why it shouldn't be implemented:

> it's redundant, see my above comment
> identity politics don't belong in a porn game, or videogames in general; I'm not cisgender or whatever bullshit term they want to use, I'm a male.

> I see the gender preferences mechanic being interesting to some, but a major hindrance to others. Its a porn game; I just wanna fuck, not have to worry about what gender I identify as or what the partner identifies as or what their preference is. From a game mechanics perspective and playability, adding in a bunch of made up genders to have to account for is going to be a complete pain in the ass (and not the fun kind) both for players and the programming aspect.


-1

That didn't help, to be honest. At all.


- It is indeed redundant. For cisgender people, i.e. for people who identify as whatever gender they were assigned at birth. For trans, agender and nonbinary folk it adds to immersion and helps get more fun out of the game. If it didn't, this suggestion wouln't be up.


- This is an RPG. An adult RPG, but an RPG nonetheless, so matters of identity fit this genre better than any other one. The fact that the majority of players will not experience any discomfort with choosing just between "male" and "female" does not mean the minority who do absolutely have to be deprived of the opportunity to choose the option "other" or "custom" and fill their own identity in themselves.


- Mechanics of gender preference already exists in the game, subjects' sexual orientation already determines whether sex with someone will lead to production of chemicals associated with either pleasure or discomfort. Including suggested genders would be an addition on top of that, not creating a whole new mechanic from ground up. Plus, personally I'd like subjects to display semblance of will of their own, since that makes every interaction with them feel natural and somewhat believable. I don't want the game to feel like animation catalogue.


And the best part is - including these does not detract from anybody's experience. Preferences in this game are easily adjusted. Trans/agender/nonbinary don't do it for you? That's fine, toggle a button in your settings and move on. And nobody has to masturbate to someone they don't want to see, and nobody has to feel left out. Benefits across the board. 


As for "whatever bullshit term they want to use" and "a bunch of made up genders," here's some info to think about:


Approximately one in 2000 infants in US are born intersex with their genitalia developed somewhere in between a penis and a vagina. Doctors often decide who that child is going to be on the spot, surgically altering their genitalia to fit the gender they assigned, cutting chunks of nerve tissue that does not regenerate and rendering that baby's future sex life dysfunctional in the process.


There are phenotypical females with Y chromosome in their genome, there are phenotypical males without one.


And so forth. The Internet has tons of scientific papers on the matter. Recent genetical studies allowed us to conclude that gender might not be as simple as we had thought. Just like we did before, with the matter of sexual orientation. Hence the oh-so-ridiculed subject of gender studies. Human bodies are weird. Hormones make some feel things others don't, because their natural hormone levels are different, and embryo development is complicated and fascinating. 


The fact that you might not understand how exactly a person came to feel the way they do doesn't mean you can't just accept the fact that they simply do.

Yours sincerely, 

a cis male

Cis isn't a thing. stop trying to make it a thing.


judging by the like to dislike ratio, this is gonna b a polarizing topic for sure.

I'm gonna see myself to the door and quit while I'm ahead.

-4

As long as trans is a thing, cis is automatically a thing as well. And trans has been a thing for quite a while, so I'm afraid the "stop trying to make cis a thing" ship has long sailed.


Nobody robs you of who you are by calling you cisgender. The term serves as a simple acknowledgement that trans people exist and are just as valuable and important as any other human being. For a group whose average life span for nationals of first-world countries is driven down to 30~35 years because of both an abnormally high teenage suicide rate and hate crimes occurring with terrifying frequency, this is... How should I put it... Kind of a big deal?


So, yeah.

I'm not cisgender, I do not acknowledge the term. I am male, period.

-2

Cute.

"I'm not straight, I do not acknowledge the term. I am normal, period."

+2

because sexual preference is totes the same thing as gender identity politics.

the underlying significance of the terminology isn't even remotely similar.
You're making a strawman argument and doing a piss poor job at that.

but its ok, the downvotes speak for themselves.

-7

"the downvotes speak for themselves"

*quiet off-screen gloating*

+6

"Don't make this personal, common sense alone should be enough to get the point across. Insults help no one."

+2

Sorry, couldn't resist

+2

I can respect the honesty

I'm a bit of a troll myself from time to time

cisgender has absolutely nothing to do with acknowledging the existence of transexuals. The identification of transexuals as being transexual in and of itself is the acknowledgement of their existence.

Cisgender is borderline derogatory to non-trans, and serves absolutely no purpose besides applying an unnecessary label to people that abide by the norm of binary sexual identity.


I honestly don't give a flying fuck about your quoting of lifspans and ham-fisted attempt to garner sympathy with bleeding heart rhetoric, this is a porn game.

-2

I would love to know how cis can even begin to be understood as a derogatory term. 


It can, I assume, be flung in frustration at those who have never experienced gender dysphoria and have no empathic capacity to sympathize with something that does not personally affect them, but that's pretty much it.


"Not trans", "conforming to binary" and so on take more letters to write and don't exactly roll off the tongue, so cis is a go to. And it's a natural counterpart to trans that already exists in Latin. As simple as that.


Also, by saying you are just male you are asserting that trans men are not as male as you are.


As for the part where I'm the drama queen and you are stoic and unfazed by all this shite, my alleged tugging at your heartstrings was meant as context for why facilitating having an ability for nonbinary/agender/trans folk to express their identity, even if a little, and letting them feel included and welcome is the right thing to do. 


Especially since they are vastly outnumbered and easily silenced.

Especially since no one asks to move a mountain in their name, just to include a custom gender option.

Especially since this feature would be toggleable, so there's virtually no reason to oppose this suggestion.

-1

well, yeah, trans men are women who want to be male, so I kind of am more male than they are, because, you know, I'm a man.


That isn't to say that I don't think they should or shouldn't have the right to live their lives the way they want. By all means, I don't look down upon people for choosing to live their lives that way, and its frankly none of my business either way.

On the same token, I'm under no obligation to abide by their new terminology. If I knew someone who was trans and they requested to be called either gender, I'd be inclined to abide by their request. Otherwise, I don't give a damn. You be you, I'll be me.



There you go again meaninglessly trying for the victim card. You didn't need to quote life expectancy, you don't need to sing a sob story about how "trans can't do this, trans need acceptance" blah blah blah. There's a difference between acceptance and privilege, what you're asking for is special privilege, since there's nothing barring trans people from enjoying this game.

I accept trans people, I genuinely don't have a problem with their existence. I shouldn't have to abide by their custom terminology as a means of "making them feel welcome".

-5

>keeps claiming to "accept" trans people and that they're not transphobic
>literally just called trans men women

w o w

+5

and how in the high flying fuck does stating biological fact in the context of the conversation magically mean that I'm transphobic?

+2

he was stating a biological fact, you disingenuous fucktard

+9

it's not an rpg though, it's more of a simulation game. that being said though, while picking a specific gender indetity is a little weird, i think it'd be nice of the game to ask your pronouns (he, she, or they or agender/nb people)

it'd also help for uploading player made characters, since you could make a male character with a vagina(if you wanna be vulgar about it, a cuntboy) who's listed as a male


also how the fuck do people not know what "cisgender" means, it's not some weird new thing, it just means "not trans" it's a helpful and useful term lmao

or you could just call them male or female and not unnecessarily complicate things.


Also, cuntboys are hot, so is the term.

+9

I do agree with you, Sexy Kurama.

It's stupid to see ze and zir and other shit in a game. I don't care about liberal crap when in the end, you screw and have fun.

Politics is a big sexual turn-off and I would not like such a thing in this amazing game. I don't like it when some furries have the need to push these unnecessary things.

I prefer if dickgirls are "girls" and cuntboys are "boys". If people are really pissy about this, then for exotic genders, they don't need gender-defining pronouns. The player's character usually says "How are you doing today?" or "The subject is climaxing." or "Does that feel good?". They almost never say anything about "he" and "she", rather they say "you" when addressing the subject.

+4

thanks, its nice to see someone capable of thinking rationally and not simply react in butthurtery.

+1

It's not about identity politics. Respecting us isn't politics. 

Now that we have that out of the way, I would love to see this game end up  being gender inclusive. For one thing the fandom has a large amount of transgender individuals so if the developer wants to sell the game to the max amount of people, they should include  the option. Cis people, and people who identify with how they were born (whatever you want to call yourselves.) can just ignore it. It's not hurting you and it would allow more people to have fun. Nobody's asking for the dev to announce the addition of NAZI FUR FUCK OFF STICKERS. It's not like that. WE just want to have fun to.   (Don't you want some real life vagina owning boys to play with? Seems logical to me...             

well, ignoring the blatant strawman fallacy you used for your opening statement... Respect isn't given, it's earned. As I stated above: That isn't to say that I don't think they should or shouldn't have the right to live their lives the way they want. By all means, I don't look down upon people for choosing to live their lives that way, and its frankly none of my business either way. On the same token, I'm under no obligation to abide by their new terminology. If I knew someone who was trans and they requested to be called either gender, I'd be inclined to abide by their request. Otherwise, I don't give a damn. You be you, I'll be me. There's a difference between acceptance and privilege, what you're asking for is special privilege, since there's nothing barring trans people from enjoying this game. I accept trans people, I genuinely don't have a problem with their existence. I shouldn't be forced to abide by their custom terminology as a means of "making them feel welcome".

-2

YES PLEASE. The world isn't binary!

Anyone who has a problem with it, give them a button to exclude any character who's junk doesn't match their identity in their search.

The rest of us will enjoy our women with dicks, men with vaginas, and any and everything else, thanks. <3

+1

pretty sure "identity politics" and "character customization with mix and match genitalia" are not the same thing. I love me some delicious cuntboys, but I'm not going to label it, I'm just gonna enjoy them for what they are and leave the identity politics and SJW bullshit to the shitty real world where it belongs. Fairly certain nobody is against chicks with dicks, or vagentlemen, they just don't want real world bullshit invading their hobby.

-6

Too bad - we exist. Get over it. And this "vagentalman" and many more thinks you're a raging prick who'll never, EVER get in their pants. No wonder you don't want us to exist in "your" fantasies - we'd never fuck you! ;)

+7

Don't make this personal, common sense alone should be enough to get the point across. Insults help no one.

-1

Nah, it was personal the second letting people call themselves / their characters what they want became "gender politics" and "sjw bullshit".

+3

that's a disingenuous assertion and a strawman argument to boot. I never said that, nor did I ever have that position in the way you describe it.

+6

I'm pretty sure you're misinterpreting what he meant.
But I like giving people the benefit of the doubt

+3

OK, Ziel, seriously... you're deliberately misrepresenting what Kyuubi said to make him look a lot worse than he is.

that doesn't help your argument, it just makes you look like a bigger asshole than he is.

+2

Ziel, You're deliberately spewing slander in an effort to prop up a dragon to slay where there is none.
get the fuck off your high horse and sit your faux outraged ass down.

s

+3

Nobody has ever been convinced of anything by being insulted

+4

I literally never  said I had a problem with your existence or the existence of Trans. I never said anything of the sort, nor is the sentiment remotely true.
IDK where you got the idea that I hated trans, but it's not true and the claim is disingenuous.

The raging prick part though? that's fairly accurate, I am a cynical asshole.

+4

MY problem is with people continuously trying to cram the problems of the real world into the hobby many individuals (myself included) use to get as far fucking away from that clusterfuck of bullshit we call the real world as humanly possible.

My negative reaction isn't to trans individuals, its to the clusterfuck surrounding identity politics in general. I literally have nothing against trans, or people living their lives the way they want. I just don't want to be forced into dealing with the bullshit I came to games to get away from.

But congrats, it's already fucking here. People attacking each other over disagreements in opinion, ffs.

-4

The thing is, specifically calling to exclude queer identities from the "hobby" IS political. You're stating that their very existence is not welcome, even in fantasy.

Try to say "I have nothing against trans" all you like, but all of your other statements declare otherwise.

+4

I'll take "Shit I never said" for 100 dollars Alex. Not once did I ever imply I wanted to exclude any individual from gaming. I NEVER stated that their existence was not welcome.

Project and misinterpret my words all you like, you aren't going to magically make my stance and position be something it isn't.

your argument is devolving into slander.

+7

what are you talking about?
I looked through his comments, he never said anything about excluding queer identities.

+5

Ziel, what the fuck, this is legit slander.

Kyuubi may be an ass, but he never once said any of that.

it's one thing to call someone out as an ass, its another thing entirely to use dishonesty to try and make them out to be a villain

+5

> "specifically calling to exclude queer identities from the "hobby" IS political"

you're talking out of your ass, Kyuubi never said anything about excluding anyone.

> "You're stating that their very existence is not welcome, even in fantasy"
Nice projection, I literally cannot take you any less seriously than I already do.

> "Try to say "I have nothing against trans" all you like, but all of your other statements declare otherwise."

Oh fuck right the hell off with your high horse strawman argument bullshit


Ziel, you're a fucking scumbag.

-7

>claims I'm spewing slander

>calls me a narcissistic scumbag

nice

+5

you are spewing slander, by the definition of what slander is.
He never called you narcissistic
insulting you isn't slander, it's just, you know, insulting you.

+4

here, since you're disingenuous AND illiterate.

https://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1969
This is what slander is, what you are doing.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insult
This is what an insult is, the thing i did.


+1

wow, that was rude and uncalled for.
Yeah, the guy is kind of an ass, but you took it to a whole 'nother level with this.

+12

 If Fek could include a system where we can optionally write these in if we want to or just continue on without bothering with any of this, that would be great for all of us, right? So if anyone wants to play it the RPG way the option is there.

 And if it affects any part of the actual game at all aside from helping some of the folks feel immersed (I'm pretty sure I can quote an example from TiTS's current character customization system but I'm not sure) don't think this will change anything except the pronouns, so hopefully that's not too much trouble.

 Off topic but on conversation, I'm under the impression that 'Trans' and 'Cis' aren't gender identities in and of themselves, though. Agender, 'nonbinary(big big blanket)' and 'androgyne(gender-neutral is better recieved as a gender identity's name, as far as I know)' are, but...? Maybe 'Transmasculine/transfeminine' ect was the word you were looking for, OP? Please do correct me if I'm wrong!

+3

now this might work a lot better than the OP's suggestion.

and it'd be incredibly easy to turn off for those of us that don't want to put labels on everything and just wanna make sexy characters orgasm profusely.

+2

*unashamedly prepares to "write in" apache attack helicopter  For shits and giggles*

+3

Huh, I'm going to identify as a 5.56mm API cartridge if you don't mind haha.